Rubber band powered vehicle set/10 (TS0123)
Rubber Band powered Vehicle Kit
· When the rubber band is wound around the rear axle you are storing energy. This is known as Potential Energy.
· When the rubber band unwinds and the axle and wheels turn the potential energy is transformed into Kinetic Energy (motion energy).
Designing and Testing
· Do your wheels wobble?
· Do the axles spin freely?
· Does the rubber band bind on the chassis?
· Does the rubber band release from the zip tie at the end of its travel?
· Can you achieve a greater travel distance if you wind more elastic onto the axle?
· What happens if you glue CD discs onto the rear axles?
· What happens if you use differing rubber bands?
· What is the average distance your vehicle travels after ten trial runs?
· Can you redesign your vehicle to carry an egg without breaking it?